John M. Rowley, M.D.
One of the most important steps in your decision to seek plastic surgery should be selecting a surgeon with proper qualifications. In most states, including Arizona, a licensed physician may perform plastic surgery without being board-certified in plastic surgery. Just because a doctor is board certified does not mean he or she is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS). To be board-certified by the ABPS, a physician must meet these rigid requirements:
- Graduate from an accredited medical school
- Complete a combination of at least five years of general surgery and plastic surgery residency training
- Pass comprehensive oral and written exams
In addition, in order to maintain board certification, a plastic surgeon must regularly attend continuing medical education courses and adhere to a strict code of ethics.
Dr. Rowley received his M.D. from one of the nation's top ranked medical schools - University of Iowa. He is board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and is also a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
Actively involved in the education of medical students and surgery residents for the University of Arizona College of Medicine, Dr. Rowley is an assistant clinical professor of surgery. This provides him with a unique method of staying up-to-date in the ever changing field of medicine.
Dr. Rowley and his staff are committed to safety and providing you with optimal results. We want your experience with us to be as pleasant and rewarding as possible. We look forward to meeting you.
- The American Board of Plastic Surgery
- The American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Maricopa County Medical Society
- Maricopa County Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Arizona Medical Association